Trees, Shrubs, & Wildflowers Sale – Pre-order trees, shrubs, and native perennial wildflowers. Order now, pick up will be in late May (perfect time to plant in Gilpin!). Order Oct 2021-April 15, 2022.
Grass Seed Mix – call or email to make an appointment to purchase seeds.
$15 per pound (covers about 1000 sq. ft.)
Grass Seed Mix List
Generally, the best time to seed is in the late fall, just before the first significant snowfall, or late June/early July.
Native Wildflower Seeds –
Call or email to make an appointment to purchase seeds.
Fall is a good time to sow wildflower seed because subsequent winter cold and snow (moisture) will promote seed germination the following spring.
Colorado Wildflower Mix (Livestock Safe available) $15 (covers 100sq ft)
Individual Flower packs $5 each
- Beebalm (Monarda Fistulosa)
- Black-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)
- Blue Columbine (Aquilegia caerulea)
- Firewheel (Gaillardia aristata)
- Blue Lewis Flax (Linum lewisii)
- Johnny Jump-up (Viola cornuta)
- Firecracker Penstemon (Penstemon eatonii)
- Mixed Colors Shirley Poppy (Papaver rhoeas)
- Red Shirley Poppy (Papaver rhoeas)
- Siberian Wallflower (Cheiranthus allionii)
- Showy Milkweed (Ascpepias speciosa)
- Silver Lupine (Lupinus argenteus)
- Sweet William Pinks (Dianthus barbatus)
- White Rockcress (Aribis alpina)
Gilpin CSU Extension
303-582-9106 or firstname.lastname@example.org